Sunday, May 3, 2015

everyday wonder


Generally not a sky watcher, though making an exception tonight.

Over lunch yesterday a friend and I were discussing how some things in life are just flat out complicated, like calculus, taxes and figure skate scoring.

Much of our existence though falls into the 'simple, not easy' category.

Birth, parenting, love.  Goodbyes, diets, exercise.

Tonight's sky made me think there exists a third category.  Simple, complicated and wondrous. How else could I describe a big bang, producing more stars than imaginable, more light than can ever be seen, more synchronization than calculable, beginnings and endings in perfect harmony...and supporting all life along the way.


(C) 2015 Christopher's Views 

8 comments:

  1. So good to see you online, Christopher!! And I do so agree with you and your post for the day!! Thank, as always, for sharing the beauty and the wisdom. Wishing you a wonderful new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true - love your profound words. And I do love that third category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I totally agree...so profound.
    It is only very rarely that we just sit and gaze at the sky, and ponder the origins of our existence.
    Thank you, Christopher, for this kick up the backside! It really helped me put things into perspective...:)

    Have a great day.:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I totally agree...so profound.
    It is only very rarely that we just sit and gaze at the sky, and ponder the origins of our existence.
    Thank you, Christopher, for this kick up the backside! It really helped me put things into perspective...:)

    Have a great day.:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. God did it
    So simple an idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going with a scientific explanation, but to me that makes it even more remarkable and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. There is so much freedom and joy in simplicity. Do you do yoga? There's much in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All around us is amazing if we look.

    ReplyDelete